Next Big Idea Contest
Editor's Rating Notes: Free Canada trip, exposure to the North American market are the highlights. NBI encourages early stage/student founders also to apply.
About Next Big Idea Contest
The Next BIG Idea Contest is a competition to discover India's 5 most innovative technology companies who are looking to leverage a soft-landing opportunity to expand to North America.
September 25, 2017 at 11:59 pm IST
What is the DMZ?
DMZ or Digital Media Zone is Ryerson University's business incubator for early-stage technology startups. NBI is organized in collaboration with DMZ.
- An all expenses paid 2-week trip to 3 cities in Canada - Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver
- Market Access - the winners get to incubate their company in DMZ Canada
- Opportunity to explore Canada’s startup & innovation ecosystem
- The visiting entrepreneurs receive mentorship, business development advice, customer connects, investor access and valuable international experience.
The Contest is open only to legal residents of India who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry and who meet the following conditions:
Represent an Indian business involved in:
- Any Technology Innovation
- Have a unique, innovative, digitally-based business idea that brings social and/or commercial value.
- Have a business plan and prototype for their company's idea.
- Have an idea and a working style that fits into the collaborative nature of the DMZ (brings and receives value).
- Be willing to communicate their accomplishments and experience to others such as media and stakeholders.
- Be willing to communicate their experience and stay in touch with the DMZ when they return home.
Expected Candidate Profile
Usually, startups ready with product/services apply for the program. NBI also accepts applications at concept/MVP stage and encourages student entrepreneurs to apply for the competition.
The application process is quite simple. We have a copy of the application created here: NBI 2017 Application form
|Clarity of Concept||10%||Can you explain your concept clearly and quickly?|
|Unique/Innovative Idea||25%||What makes your business concept different or better from what is currently?|
|Development Feasibility||25%||Can your concept be produced efficiently and at a realistic cost? Is production/service easily scalable?|
|Marketability||25%||You must demonstrate that there will be a significant demand for your product. Who will purchase it and why?|
|Fit with the collaborative nature of the DMZ||15%||The DMZ attracts energetic entrepreneurs who are open to exchanging and building upon their ideas. Explain how your business is able to both give and receive value from the DMZ?|
|Kunal Mahajan||Swift File Transfer|
|Satish Kashyap||Algo Engines|
|Devesh Mittal||Data Resolve|
|Ranjith Parakkal||Uncanny Vision|
Follow the discussion on this thread