Difference between revisions of "Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship"
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
| label6 = Applications
| label6 = Applications
| data6 = Open ([https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/
| data6 = Open ([https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e//viewform <span class="plainlinks">'''Apply here'''</span>])
| label7 = Deadline
| label7 = Deadline
| data7 =
| data7 = , at 11:59 pm IST
Revision as of 04:37, 28 April 2018
Editor's Rating Notes: To be able to receive a scholarship from Google and to visit the Youtube Headquarters while in college is phenomenal. Do not look left or right, jump straight in and give it a shot.
|Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship|
|Deadline||June 15, 2018 at 11:59 pm IST|
About Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship
Every year Google offers the Venkat Memorial Scholarship to 6 students from India pursuing Computer Science or a closely related field.
|Deadline for submission of Recommendations|
|Award winners announced|
Who is Venkat Panchapakesan?
Venkat was a much loved and highly respected engineer whose career took him to YouTube, Google and Yahoo, among other notable companies. He tragically passed away, too young, after a battle with cancer. During his short time he deeply touched the hearts and minds of his friends, family and colleagues. He taught us to be generous, humble, ever-optimistic and to always find the best in people. In memory of late Venkat Panchapakesan, Google is offering scholarships to outstanding students pursuing Computer Science and related fields.
Selected students will receive
- A financial award of 750 USD towards tuition and education related expenses
- An invitation to visit the YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California, USA.
- An opportunity to submit a proposal, and potentially receive a funding of up to 225 USD to spend on growing computer science in the local community.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in a college/university in India, for the 2017-18 and 2018-19 academic year
- Be currently pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
Note: The Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While past applicants are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply.
Expected Candidate Profile
Google is specifically looking for university students who:
- Aspire to be computer scientists and technology leaders
- Exemplify leadership skills and a demonstrated passion for computer science and technology
- Assist those around them to excel in the field of computer science and technology
- Help their friends and family members use computer science and technology
- Leverage the field of computer science to transform systems (from building the next game changing technology, to even helping families be happy, etc.)
- Have faced adversity and overcome it to continue learning and growing in the field of computer science
- Write an essay (300 words maximum) to tell us about the following:
- How do you plan to use computer science to make the world a more sustainable place?
- If you receive this scholarship, how will you use it to advance your passion and the goals of this scholarship?
- Write an essay (250 words maximum) to tell us about the following: What adversity have you faced, and how did it impact your career? Please explain the steps you took to overcome it.
- Submit a video (1 minute maximum) telling us why you would like to receive this scholarship. Please upload it to YouTube and share the link in the application.
- Submit your resume/CV. Be sure to include your experience in the area of computer science, as well as your leadership experiences and the impact you have created.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation. They can be from your faculty or supervisors at your workplace (internship, part-time job, full-time job).
You may read our Application Walkthrough here
|Prince Raju||M A College of Engineering, Kerala||Ernakulam|
|Aditi Mithal||Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi||Delhi|
|Shivam Kumar||Jadavpur University, Kolkata||Kolkata|
|Sidak Pal Singh||IIT Roorkee||Ludhiyana, Punjab|
|Chodisetty Lakshmi Sirisha||International Institute od Information Technology, Bangalore||Hyderabad|
|Bhavana Jain||IIT, Hyderabad||--|
|Felix Josemon||Government Engineering College, Thrissur||Thrissur, Kerala|
|Sriparna Ghosh||Dayananda Sagar College Of Engineering, Bangalore||Kolkata|
|Saumya Suvarna||Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu||Mumbai|
|Baani Leen Kaur Jolly||Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi||Delhi|
|Nikita Sivakumar||NIT Tiruchirappalli,Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu|
|Rohan Saxena||BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus||Goa|
- Generic Application Tips and Tricks
- Guide to Creating a Resume
- Organising your University Transcripts
- Selecting your Recommenders
- Application Link
- Application Video submitted by Previous Winners, 2016
- Twitter list of Previous Winners, 2016
Follow the discussion on this reddit thread