Facebook Grace Hopper Scholarship
Editor's Rating Notes: Receive a scholarship from Facebook to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration including a private reception with Facebook's Engineering Team.
About Facebook Grace Hopper Scholarship
Facebook is committed to advancing women in technology, and they are very excited to announce the Facebook Grace Hopper Women in Computing Scholarship! This program is available to all women excelling in Computer Science globally. Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. This unique scholarship program gives the opportunity not only to attend the Celebration, but to spend valuable days before the conference with Facebook engineers learning, collaborating, and preparing for the conference.
What is the Grace Hopper Celebration?
The Grace Hopper Celebration is the world's largest gathering of women technologists. It is produced by AnitaB.org and presented in partnership with ACM.
Application for the 2018 Facebook Grace Hopper Scholarship closed on Friday, 29 June 2018 at 23:59 PST. Dates for 2019 Facebook GHC Scholarship will be announced in the official website.
|Friday, 1 June 2018, 09:00 PST||Applications Open|
|Friday, 29 June 2018, 23:59 PDT||Applications Close|
|Wednesday, August 1 2018||Award recipients will be notified by email of their acceptance|
|September 23-29, 2018||Grace Hopper Conference, Facebook mentoring sessions and networking events|
Selected students will receive-
- Paid registration for the Grace Hopper Celebration
- Paid travel and lodging, including a pre-Grace Hopper Celebration program in Houston that includes tech talks, mentoring sessions and networking events.
- An invitation to a private reception with Facebook's Engineering Team during the Grace Hopper Celebration.
- Additional meal stipend.
- For international applicants: If you are selected, you would be responsible for your own travel visa. Facebook would cover travel expenses.
Number of Scholarships
50 scholarships will be awarded.
- The scholarship is open to all women excelling in Computer Science globally.
- You have to currently be enrolled at an educational institution in order to qualify for the scholarship (high schools through post-doc students are eligible).
- Students who have accepted offers at Facebook are ineligible.
- The applicant must write a short answer on the following question-
- How did you become interested in Computer Science? (1-2 paragraphs)
- Why would Grace Hopper be an impactful experience for you? (1-2 paragraphs)
- What has been your biggest obstacle to pursuing Computer Science? How has it motivated you to pursue your future goals? (2-3 paragraphs)
- Are you an incoming intern with Facebook? (Indicate Yes/No)
- Upload your CV/resume (with email, phone and mailing address)
- Offcial website for Facebook Grace Hopper Scholarship 2018
- AMA with Surabhi Bhargava, Facebook Grace Hopper Scholar 2017-
- Article by Lu Chen, Facebook Grace Hopper Scholar 2011 -