Notes: Scholarship for women in computing including female engineering students by AnitaB.org to attend Grace Hopper Celebration
- GHC 18 Scholarship applications are closed now. GHC 19 Scholarship applications will open on January 16, 2019 (9:00pm) and close on March 6, 2019 (5:00pm).
|Grace Hopper Celebration|
The Grace Hopper Celebration is the world's largest gathering of women technologists. It is produced by AnitaB.org and presented in partnership with ACM. GHC 18 will be Sep. 26–28 in Houston, TX.
About GHC Scholarship
GHC scholarships provide funds for undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty to attend the three-day celebration. In 2017, over 650 Scholars attended GHC where they gained access to career and academic workshops, networking opportunities, and memories that will last a lifetime. 
- Individual Registration for the three-day celebration.
- Hotel accommodations (arranged by AnitaB.org). Student Scholars will be assigned a roommate. Faculty Scholars will be assigned their own room
- Airfare booked and paid for by AnitaB.org Travel Consultant
- Travel stipend (if used wisely, the stipend will cover transportation costs to and from the airport, baggage fees, meals, and other travel incidentals)
- We will provide the stipend when you pick up your badge at GHC. Scholars pay upfront for travel day meals and taxis/shuttles to the GHC venue.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Must be a full-time student enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college or university at the time of the celebration.
- Those graduating prior to the celebration are not eligible unless accepted to another related degree program (such as a M.S. or Ph.D. program).
- Show satisfactory progress toward a degree such as, but not limited to, computer science, computer engineering, or a related technical discipline such as electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, math, physics, or management information systems.
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in computing.
- You cannot have been an AnitaB.org-GHC Scholarship recipient in 2017.
- You must be at least 18 years of age by September 24, 2018.
- You cannot accept more than one scholarship to attend GHC.
- If you receive a scholarship and do not notify AnitaB.org that you cannot attend prior to the celebration, you will not be eligible in future years as this takes a scholarship away from another student that could have attended.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- You must be teaching at an accredited college or university at the time of the conference.
- You must teach in a degree program such as, but not limited to, computer science, computer engineering, or a related technical discipline such as electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, math, physics, or management information systems.
- If you receive a scholarship and do not notify AnitaB.org that you cannot attend prior to the celebration, you will not be eligible in future years as this takes a scholarship away from another faculty that could have attended.
To complete the application, you will require the following
General Information about you
- Tell us why you want to attend GHC, what type of impact will being at a conference focused on women in computing have on you? (maximum 200 words)
- How will you share your experience at GHC with others? What type of impact will your experience at GHC have on others in your community? (maximum 200 words)
- You are to upload your CV or Resume in .pdf format. Sample template
- Only include your name on the resume (no contact info on resume such as address, phone, email) for privacy protection.
- You are to upload your unofficial transcript in .pdf format.
- An unofficial transcript is an electronic copy of your grade report for your current collegiate studies showing grades for all classes you have completed.
Recommendations(Only for Student Scholarship)
- One recommendation is mandatory for all student applicants.
- It is mandatory that the recommendation be provided by a faculty member.
- Applicants will not be given access to the recommendation submitted on their behalf.
- Applications are closed now.
- Sample Student Scholarship Application Form
- Sample Faculty Scholarship Application Form
Rethink focusses on Advocacy and Guidance on approaching these opportunities. Our primary channel for providing guidance is our Guidance Wiki. This wiki details application approach, application resources (such as copy of the application form, checklist and walkthroughs), FAQs and useful references. Aside from the guidance wiki, we have a peer-learning community for students applying to GHC. This is a telegram group where students can discuss queries and concerns they have and also interact with fellow applicants and previous winners. To join the Learning Community, you are required to install Telegram on your phone and message our Rethinkbot. You can find this bot by searching for Rethinkbot on Telegram.
You may reach us at email@example.com for guidance. Disclaimer: ABI is the official authority hosting this opportunity and NOT Rethink. Should you wish to reach the ABI team directly, please write to them in their support email listed in References section below