GHC India Scholarship
Notes: A chance to attend GHCI Conference, cionference registration fee and meals, travel reimbursed to a maximum of Rs. 2250/-.
About GHC India Scholarship
The Grace Hopper Celebration India (GHCI) is a great opportunity for women students from technical backgrounds, who are keen to get the right start for a career in technology. A full scholarship covers conference registration, a shared hotel room with one other scholarship recipient for up to two nights, meals during the conference and travel expense reimbursement up to a certain amount. Partial scholarships are also awarded that cover some of these expenses. AnitaB.org finds sponsors to award hundreds of student and faculty scholarships to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration. This once in a lifetime chance, allows academics to connect with other women in computing, hear stories from peers and experts in computing, and get quality career advice specific to their needs needs. The application process is very competitive.
Applications for GHCI scholarship 2018 are currently closed.
Who all can apply?
- Undergraduate, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows from around the world are encouraged to apply. The GHC Scholarship Grants for students typically cover all expenses for attending the conference, including conference registration, meals, lodging, and fixed amount of travel reimbursement funds. GHC Scholarship grants for students are made possible by industry sponsors, AnitaB.org, and individual donations.
- Faculty, at all levels, are encouraged to apply. The GHC Scholarship for faculty covers conference registration, hotel accommodations, and a stipend for meals and travel. Faculty scholarships are made possible by AnitaB.org and industry sponsors.
- Individual Registration for the three day celebration
- Hotel accommodations. Student Scholars will be assigned a roommate. Faculty Scholars will be assigned their own room
- Airfare booked and paid for by AnitaB.org Travel Consultant
- Travel stipend
- The stipend is provided when you pick up your badge at GHC. Scholars pay upfront for travel day meals and taxis/shuttles to the GHC venue.
- Applicant must be a full-time student enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college or university at the time of the celebration. Those graduating prior to the celebration are not eligible unless accepted to another related degree program (such as a M.S. or Ph.D. program).
- Show satisfactory progress toward a degree such as, but not limited to, computer science, computer engineering, or a related technical discipline such as electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, math, physics, or management information systems.
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in computing.
- You cannot have been an AnitaB.org-GHC Scholarship recipient in 2017.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You cannot accept more than one scholarship to attend GHC.
- If you receive a scholarship and do not notify AnitaB.org that you cannot attend prior to the celebration, you will not be eligible in future years as this takes a scholarship away from another student that could have attended.
- Create an account or sign in if you already have one.
- Fill in the basic details into the application form provided.
- Compose a Statement of Purpose with words not exceeding 100.
- Give a list of your technical skills.
- Give a list of your participation in various Extra Curricular Activities.
- Share a short video with a brief introduction, why you would like to attend GHCI 18? and how you hope to benefit from the experience?
- Upload a proof of student status and your resume.
- Finally furnish the details of 1-2 faculty members who can be used as reference.
- For any assistance mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Blog