Note * Form 1 is only an interest form. * Shortlisting happens based on Form 2. * It is required that both Forms be completed. * Submissions to both forms are open till 4th March.
|KSM Idea Fest|
|Stage 1 Application||Open ()|
|Stage 2 Application||Open ()|
|Deadline||March 4, 2018|
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Application
- 3 Resources
- 3.1 Advocacy Lives
- 3.1.1 Live with Dr. Saji Gopinath, CEO, Kerala Startup Mission
- 3.1.2 Live with Tom Thomas, Director at Kerala Startup Mission
- 3.1.3 Idea Grant Advocacy, Arya Murali and Sandeep Zachariah Chat
- 3.1.4 Advocacy Live with Keerthana, Volunteer @ Rethink
- 3.1.5 Idea Grant Form 1 application walkthrough Live by Felix & Shibin, Volunteers @ Rethink
- 3.2 Guidance Lives
- 3.3 Copy of Application Forms
- 3.1 Advocacy Lives
- 4 Previous Winners
- 5 References
- 6 v@r Queries
About Idea Grant
KSM Idea Grant is a scheme which offers grants, upto 12 lakhs innovators. Student innovators are also eligible to apply
Innovators are offered grants based on the development stage and innovative value of their ideas, upto 2 lakhs for shortlisted ideas, upto 7 lakhs for ideas with prototypes, and upto 12 lakhs for prototypes along with a customer base.
Applications for this scheme are invited through Idea Day event which is conducted every month by Kerala Startup Mission. The ideas of the applicants are evaluated by a panel and shortlisted. The 10th Idea Day, referred to as the Idea Fest, will be hosted on April 7th 2018 and the application for the event is currently open. Idea day event normally has a sector-wise division for the ideas invited, but the Idea Fest accepts ideas from all sectors and is focused towards the students.
|Type of Grant||Amount|
|Idea Grant||upto 2 lakhs|
|Productisation Grant||upto 7 lakhs|
|Scale up Grant||upto 12 lakhs|
|Idea Day||Date||Location||Partners||Theme/Focus||Number of selected innovators|
|Idea Day 1||May 6, 2017||Ernakulam||NA||NA||4|
|Idea Day 2||June 4, 2017||Trivandrum||NA||NA||5|
|Idea Day 3||July 1, 2017||Trivandrum||NA||NA||4|
|Idea Day 4||Sept 2, 2017||Trivandrum||NA||NA||6|
|Idea Day 5||Oct 7, 2017||Trivandrum||NA||NA||3|
|Idea Day 6||Nov 4, 2017||Pala||Loyola College of Social Sciences||Social and Rural Innovation||5|
|Idea Day 7||Dec 2, 2017||Trivandrum||TIMeD||Health and Medical||7|
|Idea Day 8||Dec 23, 2017||Ernakulam||GTech, Maker Village||ERP, Platforms and Aggregators, Hardware and IoT, AR/VR, AI, Blockchain||31|
|Idea Day 9||Feb 5, 2018||Calicut|| Retail, Real Estate, Tourism, Social and Rural,
Agritech, Fintech, Healthcare, BioTech, Transport, Robotics, Cybersecurity
|Idea Day 10||April 7, 2018||Any sector, focus on students|
About Kerala Startup Mission
Kerala Start Up Mission (KSM)] is the nodal agency of Government of Kerala for the implementation of state's Startup Policy.
A student is eligible to apply for the Idea Grant if
- He/She is currently studying in Kerala
- He/She has not received the Idea Grant in the previous editions of Idea Days
The Idea Day Application process happens as follows:
- For each Idea Day, separate applications are invited every month.
- Applications are now being invited to the 10th edition of Idea Day, also known as Idea Fest.
- For the 10th Idea day, the application process contains 2 forms:
- Form 1 - an Interest form that captures the basic details and interest sectors of the applicant. All students who have submitted Form 1 will be provided guidance by KSUM and Rethink to complete their Stage 2 application form.
- Form 2 - a Detailed application form that captures more information of the idea/project they are working on. Only the students who complete the Stage 2 application will be considered for final selection to Idea Fest.
- The applications are shortlisted on the basis of 3 key points with weightage as listed below:
- Idea usefulness - 40%
- Solution value - 40%
- Opportunity/ Market potential- 20%
- These online application forms will be first shortlisted by IEDC and then by KSUM.
- Selected applicants will be invited by KSUM and they have to pitch their ideas on the Idea Day before a panel of judges.
- Innovators recommended for selection are then awarded financial grant by KSM.
|Form 1 Application Opens||January 25, 2018|
|Form 2 Opens||February 21, 2018|
|Form 1 and 2 Close||March 4, 2018|
|Idea Fest||April 7, 2018|
|Winners Announcement||April 17, 2018|
Live with Dr. Saji Gopinath, CEO, Kerala Startup Mission
Live with Tom Thomas, Director at Kerala Startup Mission
Idea Grant Advocacy, Arya Murali and Sandeep Zachariah Chat
Advocacy Live with Keerthana, Volunteer @ Rethink
Idea Grant Form 1 application walkthrough Live by Felix & Shibin, Volunteers @ Rethink
Idea Grant Form 2 application walkthrough by Sandeep Zachariah
Idea Grant Form 2 application guidance by Sijo Kuruvilla George
Copy of Application Forms
|Sl. No.||Innovator||Innovation||College||Category||Grant Award||Idea Day||Live Status|
|1||Ajin Omanakuttan||Latinno – Latex carry backpack||Amal Jyothi College of Engineering||Student||200000||Idea Day 1||No response|
|2||Athira K||Swasthi Smart Furniture Series||Vidya Academy of Science and Technology||Student||175000||Idea Day 1||No response|
|3||Athul Ram||Auto Survey||Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology||Student||50000||Idea Day 1||No response|
|4||Sreerag V||Pepper plucker cum seperator||Amal Jyothi College of Engineering||Student||200000||Idea Day 1|
|5||Ajay Sangwan||Self defence garment (NYOKAS)||NIFT, Delhi||Founder||200000||Idea Day 2||Live|
|6||Joseph Thampy||Eco-friendly car servicing machine||CUSAT||Founder||175000||Idea Day 2||No response|
|7||Sajith Surendran||Matrix||GEC, Sreekrishnapuram||Founder||169330||Idea Day 2||Done|
|8||Samir Dayal Singh||Huggama||Huggama/Cusat||Student||200000||Idea Day 2||Live 1,Live 2|
|9||Sujith S||Parkin||SCT College of Engineering||Student||192500||Idea Day 2||Live|
|10||Adarsh D||Sentyment||TKM engineering college||Student||200000||Idea Day 3||No response|
|11||Ajay Zachariah||Virtual deck||Model Engineering college||Student||100000||Idea Day 3||Live|
|12||Mathew Varghese||Cypher||Mar Athanasius College of Engineering||Student||25000||Idea Day 3||Responded|
|13||Rohit A||Eve.ai||SCT, Trivandrum||Founder||200000||Idea Day 3||Live|
|14||Arun P M||Kranioz||Jai Bharath Engineering College||Founder||641000||Idea Day 4||No response|
|15||Balagopal S K||Halo Smart Fan||Founder||200000||Idea Day 4||No response|
|16||Eobin George||Perfit3D||Founder||500000||Idea Day 4||No response|
|17||Jijo Paul||Dairy Managemnet System||Rajagiri School of Engineering||Founder||1086700||Idea Day 4||No response|
|18||Kirankumar T R||Vehicle Intelligicer||Founder||200000||Idea Day 4||No response|
|19||Nithin O John||Subdine||University of Kerala||Founder||740000||Idea Day 4||No response|
|20||Anto P Biju||Portable Water Bottle||SJCET||Student||2 lakhs||Idea Day 5||No Response|
|21||Nibu Alias||Rotibo-Smart Roti Maker||TOCH||Founder||10 lakhs||Idea Day 5||No response|
|22||Salin Sunny||Doptale- Digital Board Game console||Calicut University||Founder||10 lakhs||Idea Day 5||No response|
|23||Aflah Madasseri||Blind Torch||CUSAT||Student||135000||Idea Day 6||No response|
|24||Ajith P Jose||Machines for separating mace from nutmeg||St Joseph College Engineering & Technology||Student||20000||Idea Day 6||No response|
|25||Anjana Sunil||YOU CAN: Automatic Bed-chair system with paralysis assistance||SAHRDAYA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY||Student||40000||Idea Day 6||No Response|
|26||Midhun Jayachandran||HotFoot Ticket Mechanism||GURUDEVA INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (GISAT)||Student||15000||Idea Day 6|
|27||Amjad N||el-KANE Cognitive Assistant for the Visually Impaired||Founder||200000||Idea Day 7||Live|
|28||Anand Dhananjayan||Superbeing||Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology||Founder||500000||Idea Day 7|
|29||Leeson Jose||Robotic mobilization aid for partially paralyzed individuals||Sahrdaya college of engineering and technology,kodakara||Student||200000||Idea Day 7||No response|
|30||Nitin||NeuroBuds - Brain Wave Mapping Smart Earphones||CUSAT||Founder||200000||Idea Day 7||Live|
|31||Noble G Bhasi||Manufacturing of High-Tech Electric Wheel Chairs||SCT, Trivandrum||Founder||1000000||Idea Day 7||No response|
|32||Rasmara P Rasheed||Dog Buster||MES College of Engineering and Technology , Kunnukara.||Student||125000||Idea Day 7||No response|
|33||Riya Easow||Smart Motive||GEC, Thrissur||Founder||1000000||Idea Day 7||No response|
|34||Sonia Mohandas||BIOCALCULUS- An Ultimate reading of Life||Bannari Amman Institute of Technology||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 7||No response|
|35||Abilash Pandath||Drinn virtual clinic||University of Madras||Founder||500000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|36||Alvin George||VST Smart Mobility Solution||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|37||Amith sasi||Oaama parking solutions||Bharathiar University||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||Live|
|38||Nikhil||CrankPhone||Founder||100000||Idea Day 8|
|39||Aronin||Human Machine Interface Testing Robot||GEC, Sreekrishnapuram||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||Confirmed|
|40||Arun Augustine||Messengerify||BITS||Founder||700000||Idea Day 8|
|41||Arun Kizhakkedath||Figimax||CUSAT||Founder||500000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|42||Arun sathyan||Hyreo, Chatbot for HR solution||CUSAT||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||Responded|
|43||Charles Vijay||Sapper||Founder||680000||Idea Day 8||Responded|
|44||Christo Jose||Solutions Squad||Sahrdaya college of engineering and technology, Kodakara||Student||200000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|45||Ganapath prajapathi.||THIRDEYE - Head Up Display for motorcycle helmet||Innovator||1200000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|46||Harsh Mohan||iCon||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8|
|47||Girish Babu||Instio Experience||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|48||Hareesh panicker||FTL technology ,Platform for viewing loans , price comparison||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|49||Jithu a prasad||ScutOps, Simply a trainer or teachers hiring platform||University of Calicut||Founder||1000000||Idea Day 8||Responded|
|50||Johns T Mathai||EYEROV||CET, Trivandrum||Founder||1000000||Idea Day 8||Live|
|51||Juhaim||RideLogic||TOCH Engineering College||Founder||800000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|52||Kannan Parakunnil||HUSH HUSH||Mar Ivanios College||Founder||500000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|53||Malbin Jeorge||Intelligent Device Circuit Breaker||Founder||200000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|54||Nadeem Mohammed||Vear Holographic||KMEA Engineering College||Founder||700000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|55||Nethan p||Dhe auto - online auto service||Adi Shankara Institute||Founder||1000000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|56||Pradeep P S||Farmers fresh - E commerce||Sahrdaya College of Engineering||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|57||Prasanth||iParkMobi||RIT Kottayam||Founder||500000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|58||Rahul krishna||Online gadget repairing platform||Meenakshi College of Engineering||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||Responded|
|59||Rohil Dev||Nimo Technologies||Kathir College of Engineering||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||Live|
|60||Salman Khan||Cowostash Pvt. Ltd||Founder||500000||Idea Day 8||Live|
|61||Sanjay nediyara||SIEVE technology||GEC, Thrissur||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8|
|62||Sunil Vallath||Exploride||University of Calicut||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|63||Varun Priyan||VR nxt||College of Engineering, Poonjar||Founder||1200000||Idea Day 8||Responded|
|64||Varun shankar||Online cab||Founder||500000||Idea Day 8||No response|
|65||Vishnu||Smart Healthcare Solutions||MG University||Founder||1000000||Idea Day 8||Live|
Rethink focusses on Advocacy and Guidance on approaching these opportunities. Everyone filling the Idea Fest form 1 will receive a series of guidance emails on how to fill the Idea fest form 2. Rethink will also be hosting a live session to delve deeper into various segments of the Idea Fest form 2 on February 26 at 8 PM.
This interest form will remain open until March 4, 2018 and you may sign up on the form if you wish to receive guidance emails.
You may reach us at email@example.com for guidance. Disclaimer: Kerala Start Up Mission is the official authority hosting this opportunity and NOT Rethink. Should you wish to reach the Kerala Start Up Mission team directly, please write to them in their support email listed in References section below
In order to pass on faster and quicker updates on the application process from now, until final selection, we have created a Telegram Channel. We recommend that you join in so you can stay on top of all the information.The channel is public and you can join it by either searching for “idea grant” on telegram or through this link https://t.me/ideagrant.
- KSM Idea Fest Guidelines
- KSM Idea Grant Form 1 stats
- List of IEDC colleges in Kerala
- KSM Idea Grant Scheme
- KSM Twitter id: @startup_mission
- Official Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We didn't do stage1 registration for idea fest. Shall we do for phase 2 registration?
- Just wanted to know if I could apply for the stage 1 cuz I haven't applied for it till now. Asking you guys directly since the dates are over for stage 1 application.
- I have a little bit of confusion in filling "Mention the sector/theme to which your idea belong". Ours is an Android App for connecting with blood donors in a very fast and secure manner. Can you tell me what exactly should i fill in this field ?
- Is it enough to put electrical since we do our project in electrical sector? And also kindly give a brief what the option 'companies you look upto' means.?
- We didn’t get the format of form 2.
- I have applied for the idea fest. Can u guys help me through the second stage of Idea fest.
- I have applied for KSUM idea grand first phase and I have received the confirmation mail of that. I have applied for two so I want to know for which one I have to proceed the second phase. Hope you will reply soon
- Can I edit this form after submission?
- I am 2017 graduate student and was informed that I can apply for upcoming Idea grant program (as I fell on 1 year after graduating category). But, I would like to have a clarity on this.
- We are not students anymore but would like to participate in the same. Is that possible or is this Ideafest is exclusively for students?
- Are my team members supposed to fill the interest form? In the second stage forms I have mentioned their name. Could you please make it more clear?
- How should we apply for Idea grant if our idea is to be done as a team?
- Could we come as a group with a single idea OR Is it an individual competition?
- Can a person be there in two teams?. Can he do presentations for both the teams?. Do reply soon
- If a team has 4 people, can all 4 people take part in the presentation or is it necessary that only one person has to do it?
- How many minutes is the alloted time for the presentation?
- Can we edit or change our video or deck documents from our submitted application after March 4th
- I write this mail to know about the ksm idea grant . I got to hear that this time it is for students and i have got an idea but is not in its full form and i have only one more day to apply for this. I wish to do a little more research on this to make it more efficient. So thinking to apply it next time. So i want to know whether this time it will be an advantage for me unlike the next which might be for other sectors. Hoping for your reply. Thanks in advance.
- Will I have to give back the money later? What's in it for KSM?
Video & Presentation
- In the application I see one brief 2 minute video link, presentation fest, documentation link to fill. I don't know how to create these
- 2 min video: does that have to be a professional and more advertising kind of video or just a general description video shot from any phone.
- Does this video need to include working of out project in any form of animation or any type of output or should we just make a video of ourselves presenting the project.Is that all necessary? Is that a mandatory part of the application?
- How can I provide link of video explaining the concept, i only have the video in my mobile phone.
- How can i provide the video link in second form.
- Is it necessary that the video have to be 2 min or could it vary?
- I wanted to that in which language is that we have to make the video presentation ,is it in Malayalam or english?
- We have already released an initial version of our app on Playstore. Shall we give its link in the additional information field?
- what is the presentation deck link
- Is the Presentation deck mentioned in the form a ppt?
- I would like to know what are the contents needed to be added in the presentation
Fund & Utilization
- Is 12 lakhs the maximum amount we can apply for?
- In the question " fund requested" , whether you are asking for the fund for completing the prototype or for implementing it widely.
- Do we have to create a detailed estimate on the expenditure of the fund?
- Once if we manage to succeed and get some grant in the idea day, what is the time limitation which we are constrained to utilize it?
- In the application, there is a section where an alumni champion is to be mentioned. I am not quite sure how to go about that section and would definitely like some guidance on that.
- It would be indeed appreciable if you could detail me on the form "Alumni Champion"
- What do you mean by Alumni Champion?
- What should I write in the column 'college Alumni Guide'. Is that meant for a previous idea winner from my college? If yes then none of the previous students from my college has participated in this program.
- Is there any restrictions on the Alumni we choose?.
- Does he/she have to be from my college?...
- Does he/she have to be in a startup?.
- In the form there is a mentioning of need for alumni of iedc. From where should i find the details of them and who all are said to be the alumni of iedc. is this refer to students or teachers?
- Since we find it difficult to find an Alumni as our mentor within the deadline, can one of our teachers do the above task? Please let me know what are the other options.
- Can you guide me to find an alumni. What will I do if couldn't find one?
- How can I fill the alumni form
- About alumni form. How to fill it?
- Can I give your name as alumni?
Objective of Idea Grant
- If I apply as an individual in form2 , and my idea is selected. Will I be assigned staff that will help me make the product. I'm not really good at programming, so I'm in dire need of programmers to bring out one phase of my product
- Kindly add me in your telegram group