Learning Community Guidelines: Rough Draft
Good segments from code of Conducts across various organisations
This code and related procedures also apply to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of community activities, in all community venues— online and in-person— as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
Expected Behavior Be welcoming. Be kind. Look out for each other.
Unacceptable Behavior Conduct or speech which might be considered sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory or offensive in nature. Do not use unwelcome, suggestive, derogatory or inappropriate nicknames or terms. Do not show disrespect towards others. (Jokes, innuendo, dismissive attitudes.) Intimidation or harassment (online or in-person). Please read the Citizen Code of Conduct for how we interpret harassment. Disrespect towards differences of opinion. Inappropriate attention or contact. Be aware of how your actions affect others. If it makes someone uncomfortable, stop. Not understanding the differences between constructive criticism and disparagement. Sustained disruptions. Violence, threats of violence or violent language.
Enforcement Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations of this Code of Conduct, please contact us by submitting a form here, or email email@example.com. If violations occur, organizers will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion.
"If you don't feel that you can abide by our Community Guidelines as outlined above, maybe Flickr isn't for you. We've crafted these guidelines to ensure that everyone within the Flickr community has a good time."
- Slack Code of Conduct --crisp and concise.
- Citizen Code of conduct --template for code of conduct
- Django Code of Conduct
- Geek Feminism Conference Anti-harassment policy --excellent. multiple options to report incidents.
- Geek Feminism Community Anti-harassment policy --excellent
- How to adopt an anti-harassment policy
- How to design a community code of conduct?
- Codes of Conduct 101+FAQ
- PYCON Code of Conduct --Note the attendee,staff procedure for handling harassment
- Flickr community guideline --dont' spam, don't be creepy
- , Staff procedure for handling harassment