Update * Applications to the WIT- GHCI scholarships are open now. Deadline Oct 07, 2018.
|Hosted by||Rethink-WIT in partnership with Anita B.org Institute|
|Applications starting date||October 1, 2018|
|Deadline||October 7, 2018|
|Application Link||Apply - Form 1 here Apply Form 2 here|
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Application
- 3 Support
- 4 Previous Winners
- 5 References
The WIT-GHCI Scholarships are offered to top 5 participants of the WIT Learning Program by Rethink. Selected top 5 students receive a fully paid pass to attend the GHCI Conference 2018.
About WIT Learning Program
Rethink's Women in Tech Learning Program is a 4 week learning program for female engineering students, designed to equip them to leverage the various Women in Tech opportunities.
GHCI is India’s largest technical conference for women in computing and technology. The conference is co-presented by the Anita Borg Institute (ABI) India and Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) India. ABI India has been successfully organising this annual conference since 2010.
At the GHCI Conference, you can:
- Attend Technical and Managerial sessions
- One on One Mentoring sessions
- Network with fellow Women in Tech
- Leverage the Student Career Fair to land an internship/job in your dream company
Selected students will receive fully paid conference pass (Amounting to INR 8500) to attend the GHCI 2018 conference (including meals).
To be eligible to apply, applicants should:
- be a participant of the WIT Learning Program
- have completed the following tasks
- All TWTWs
- Atleast 2 Coach Calls and Corresponding Call Summary Blogs
- Personal Website
- Wiki page on an Opportunity
- Published Bot on Opportunity
- One interview with either a previous winner of chosen opportunity or influencer
To complete the application, you are required to submit the two application forms.
- Form 1 - Collects published links to all your WIT Activity Submissions - Apply here
- Form 2 - WIT-GHCI Application Form - Apply here
What must the Recommendation Letter Include?
Recommenders are expected to clearly mention the following in their Letter of Recommendation:
- Relationship between the applicant and the recommender
- Recommender's view on applicant's technical and leadership skills.
- Recommender's thoughts on how the applicant would benefit from the scholarship.
|WIT-GHCI Application Responses||70%|
What do we look for?
- Demonstrated interest and skills in technology and leadership
- Commitment to learn and improve
- Performance in the WIT Program
|Scholarship Application Opens||Oct 1, 2018|
|Scholarship Application Deadline||Oct 7, 2018, 11:59 PM IST|
|Recommendation Deadline||Oct 7, 2018, 11:59 PM IST|
|Result Announcement||Oct 10, 2018|
|GHCI Conference Dates||November 14 - 16, 2018|
You may reach us at email@example.com for guidance.
|SL No.||Name||College||Cohort||Winning Application||Interview Status|
|1||Swati Kanwal||Manipal University||Cohort 1|
|2||Dhanya Sreekumar||TKMCE||Cohort 1|
|3||Liyana Sahir||GEC Kannur||Cohort 1|
|4||Farha Kareem||Model Engineering College||Cohort 1|
|5||Elsa Maria George||MITS||Cohort 1|