Western Digital Scholarship
About Western Digital Scholarship
The Western Digital Scholarship Program was build for future, technologists, engineers and mathematicians, as well as the dependents of the Western Digital Community employees. The program awards up to $1 million in scholarships to encourage and assist students whose educational opportunities will be expanded by financial assistance.
What is Western Digital?
Western Digital Corporation is a US computer hard disk drive manufacturer and data storage company. It designs, manufactures and sells data technology products, including storage devices, data center systems and cloud storage services. Western Digital Corporation has a long history in the electronics industry as an integrated circuit maker and a storage products company.
May 26, 2017 at 11:59 pm IST. [<https://www.wdc.com/about-wd/philanthropy/scholarship.html> Apply here]
|March 5, 2018||Application Opens|
|May 3, 2018||Applications Deadline|
|June 22, 2018,||Scholarship Recipients Notified|
|August 1,2018||Scholarship check issued(US)|
|August 15,2018||Scholarship Fund Wires(International)|
Selected students will receive financial award of 1500-5000 USD towards tuition and education related expenses
Expected Candidate Profile
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled on a full-time basis at a four-year accredited university located in the countries where scholarships are being offered.
- Majoring in Computer Science (B.S. programs only), Engineering, Mathematics, or Science (excluding agricultural sciences, health and other life sciences).
- Have a minimum grade average of 3.0 or equivalent on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be from a traditionally under-represented population in the STEM disciplines including females and individuals of African-American or Latino descent in the United States
First create the account in their official site <https://aim.applyists.net> The program key request has to be made by the applicant indvidually through mail. E-mail id :ProgramKey@applyists.com This will lead to the application page.