Difference between revisions of "Adobe Women in Tech Scholarship"
|Line 240:||Line 240:|
| Pheba Anna Philip
| Pheba Anna Philip
Revision as of 10:23, 10 May 2018
Editor's Rating Notes: Internship at Adobe, scholarship to attend GHCI, support for completing your academic project? What more can you ask for? :) Go for it!
|Type||Computer Software Company|
|City||San Jose, California|
|Website||Adobe Women in Tech Scholarship|
|Deadline||Oct 30, 2017|
About Adobe Women in Tech Scholarship
Every year Adobe offers the Women in Tech Scholarship to female engineering students from India.
Selected students will receive
- Internship at Adobe India in 2018.
- Collaboration and mentoring for Bachelors of Technology Project (BTP).
- Tuition fees for the remainder of the award recipient’s B. Tech/ Dual Degree (B.Tech, M. Tech) university education: 1 or 2 years.
- Travel to Grace Hopper Conference India, including participation fees.
- Travel to a conference for one author if any paper gets accepted at a conference based on Adobe internship/BTP collaboration. Pre-approval by Adobe required.
- An Adobe India-wide program will be arranged for felicitation of these Scholarship winners.
- Be an Indian female citizen student currently enrolled at an Indian university for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Intend to be enrolled as a full-time student at a university for the 2018-2019 academic year either in B. Tech or Dual Degree B. Tech/M. Tech
Applications must include:
- Statement of Purpose (SoP)
- Academic transcripts from your current and/or past institution
- One reference from a Professor (reference letter should be sent by Professor to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly mentioning the Student’s name in the Subject line of the Email)
Essential Tips for the Statement of Purpose (SOP)
The document should cover the three sections described below. The SOP should describe you (the applicant), your motivation towards your current academic field, and the direction you would like to pursue. Supporting information about prior projects is encouraged.
Part 1: About yourself (Be Brief)
- Introduce yourself
- What is that one attribute/trait/characteristic of yours that you want to draw attention to, and why is that important?
- Where you draw inspiration from and what motivates/interests you?
Part 2: What are your interests in the field of technology? (Elaborate)
- What is the area/theme of your interest in the field of technology?
- Ideally pose a question and define a problem in that area of interest.
- How would you like to address that problem?
- Related research problems, new and/or improvements in technology that you envision.
- What resources (technology and others) would you seek from Adobe to solve that problem, if any?
Part 3: Summarize your experiences and accomplishments in key projects:
- The title of the project, start & end date, your mentors/collaborators in the project
- Your responsibilities, accomplishments (including anything scholarly), lessons learned
- Write technically, or in the style of your discipline.
- Mention any work/internship experience, especially if you had any kind of responsibility for testing, designing or researching
- Be concise. Essays should be approximately 500 to 1,000 well-selected words (1-2 single space pages in 12-point font) – this is better than more words with less clarity and poor organization.
- The review committee will read between the lines. They will look for self-motivation and competence.
- Emphasize everything from a positive perspective and write in an active, not a passive voice.
- Demonstrate your thoughts by providing examples; don’t just say that you’re a persistent person, show it.
- If you faced personal challenges, write it affirmatively, showing your perseverance in academics despite obstacles.
|No.||Name||Winning Application||Live video|
|1||Ayushi Mrigenemail@example.com||Ayushi's application||Ayushi's live video|
- Adobe SOP Tips
- Generic Application Tips and Tricks
- Guide to Creating a Resume
- Organising your University Transcripts
- Selecting your Recommenders
Below is a list of our volunteers and their contacts. Feel free to write to them if they are from your college and they will assist you. If your college volunteer is not listed, we encourage you to take the lead. We would love to have your support. Do reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Aayisha A A||CUSAT||CSemail@example.com|
|Anjali P A||CUSAT||ITfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Deepthi A V||CUSAT||ITemail@example.com|
|Kumari Surya Remanan||CUSAT||ECEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Aiswarya P A||SCT||ECEemail@example.com|
|Deepthi N P||SCT||ECEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Keerthana K S||GECT||CSEemail@example.com|
|Athira L I||Jyothi||CSEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Palakkal Aiswarya Karunan||Jyothi||CSEemail@example.com|
|Joys Maria Joseph||CEC||CSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sharon Rachel Manu||MEC||CSEemail@example.com|
|Pheba Anna Philip||GECBH||ECEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sailakshmi P V||CET||AEIemail@example.com|
|Sheby Mariam Babu||SJCET||CSEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gopika K J||FISAT||Graduatedemail@example.com|
|Liyana Shirin K||MES||ECEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Devi Radhakrishnan||Amritha, Kollam||CSEemail@example.com|