Editor's Rating Notes: Scholarship for female engineering students by ABI to attend Grace Hopper Celebration India
Update * 2018 GHCI student scholarships are open now. Deadline June 30, 2018.
|Grace Hopper Celebration India|
|Hosted by||Anita B.org Institute|
|Applications starting date||April 16, 2018|
|Deadline||June 30, 2018|
|Application Link||Apply here|
GHCI is India’s largest technical conference for women in computing and technology. The conference is co-presented by the Anita Borg Institute (ABI) India and Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) India. ABI India has been successfully organising this annual conference since 2010.
About GHCI Scholarship
Every year ABI offers around 200 scholarships for female students in computing to the conference.
At the Conference, you can:
- Attend Technical and Managerial sessions
- One on One Mentoring sessions
- Network with fellow Women in Tech
- Leverage the Student Career Fair to land an internship/job in your dream company
Selected students will receive
- Registration fee to attend the conference (including meals)
- Accommodation arrangements for outstation students
- Travel ticket (by train/bus/air) reimbursements (up to Rs. 2,250)
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- be a female student
- be a final year student of their degree course, postgraduate and PhD students from computing, engineering and IT backgrounds.
Note: Both 2018 and 2019 B.Tech graduates are eligible to apply provided the student is NOT working with a company in November 2018 (during GHCI).
To complete the application, you will require the following
General Information about you
Proof of Student Status
- You must upload a photo/scan of your valid Student ID, clearly showing your name, academic institution and photograph.
- Files should be in .jpg, .gif or .pdf format and no larger than 1MB.
- You are to upload your CV or Resume in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
- Do mention any extra curricular activities such as:
- Social/Community Service
- Personal Projects
- Links to your blog or LinkedIn profile if applicable.
Statement of Purpose (100 words) The SOP should cover
- How would you personally benefit by attending the Grace Hopper Celebration India?
- How do you think the conference would help you in your academic and career goals in STEM?"
Essay on Technical skills (50 words)
- The essay must touch upon your technical skills in list form. For example, "networking, telecommunications, operating systems, compilers, computer architecture".
- Do provide examples of your contributions to projects in the areas of your expertise and interest.
Essay on Co-curricular activities (50 words)
- In this question, you must list your participation in any co-curricular activities related to your program of study that would indicate your interest in technology.
- You can list any programming or other contests, awards, certifications or internship/research experience.
Video answering “Why do you want to attend GHCI?“'
- You video must cover a brief introduction, why you would like to attend GHCI 18 and how you hope to benefit from the experience
- The video should not be longer than 2-3 minutes.
- Common video sharing sites can be used to upload your video and you must share the link to your video in the form.
Recommendations by faculty members
- You are to provide names of upto 2 faculty members. They will receive an email asking them to submit a recommendation for your scholarship application.
- Scholarship Recommendations are due by 11:59pm (UTC+0530) Jun 30, 2018. Do ensure that they submit the recommendations by June 30th.
- You can update this information until submissions close.
|Scholarship Application Opens||April 16, 2018|
|Scholarship Application Deadline||June 30, 2018, 11:59 PM IST|
|Recommendation Deadline||June 30, 2018, 11:59 PM IST|
|Result Announcement||August 2018|
|GHCI Conference Dates||November 14 - 16, 2018|
- Academic achievements
- Focus on specialization through internships, paper presentations
- Participation in contests and workshops
- Other extra -curricular activities.
Rethink focusses on Advocacy and Guidance on approaching these opportunities. Our primary channel for providing guidance is our Guidance Wiki. This wiki details application approach, application resources (such as copy of the application form, checklist and walkthroughs), FAQs and useful references. Aside from the guidance wiki, we have a peer-learning community for students applying to GHCI. This is a telegram group where students can discuss queries and concerns they have and also interact with fellow applicants and previous winners. To join the Learning Community, you are required to install Telegram on your phone and message our Rethinkbot. You can find this bot by searching for Rethinkbot on Telegram.
If you would like to know more about our Guidance Framework and receive specific guidance on putting in an application form, checkout our Guidance wiki for more details: GHCI 2018 Guidance
You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance. Disclaimer: ABI is the official authority hosting this opportunity and NOT Rethink. Should you wish to reach the ABI team directly, please write to them in their support email listed in References section below
- GHCI Website
- ABI's Website
- ABI Twitter id: @AnitaB_org
- Official Hashtag: #GHCI18. Follow the hashtag to know latest updates about the program.
- Official Support email: email@example.com
You may locate our interviews with Previous Winners by googling for "Rethink Youtube GHCI <scholar's name>". To know whether we have an interview with a scholar done, check the table below.
|SL No.||Name||College||State||Winning Application||Interview Status|
|1||Foram Dave||Ahmedabad University||Ahmedabad|
|3||Bhumi Shah||Ahmedabad University||Ahmedabad|
|4||Santhoshini Reddy Gongidi||IIIT, Sri City||Andhra Pradesh|
|5||Sindhu Bhonsley||MITS||Andhra Pradesh|
|6||B. Priyanka||Madanapalle institute of technology & Science||Andhrapradesh|
|7||Shimmila Bhowmick||Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati||Assam|
|15||Harmeet Kaur Bawa||Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering||Delhi|
|17||Manasvi Duggal||Jaypee Institute of Information Technology||Delhi|
|18||Manisha Keim||University of Delhi||Delhi|
|21||Sanna Nazir||USICT, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||Delhi|
|25||Simran Bhuria||Ashoka University||Delhi|
|35||Shivangi Chaurasia||RK, Rajkot||Gujarat|
|36||Shreya Shah||L.D.College of Engineering, working with Bombardier Transportation||Gujarat|
|38||Neha Muthiyan||IIT Mandi||Himachal Pradesh|
|39||Supriya Aggarwal||BITS Pilani||Himachal Pradesh|
|40||Kavitha E Nair||BVRIT Hyderabad College of Engineering for Women||Hyderabad|
|41||Meher Rishika Nori||BVRITH||Hyderabad|
|42||Samarpreet Kaur||Model Institute of Engineering and Technology , Jammu , J&k||Jammu & Kashmir|
|43||Aishwarya Padmanabha||SJB Institute of Technology||Karnataka|
|44||ALEKHYA RAGHUNATH||K S INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||KARNATAKA|
|45||Anjani Barhanpure||PES University||Karnataka|
|46||Anushree C A||The National Institute of Engineering||Karnataka|
|47||Charu Bansal||Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women||Karnataka|
|48||Gunjan Tank||PES institute of technology||Karnataka|
|49||Himani Garg||Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women||Karnataka|
|50||Karnika Advani||SRM University , working with Lenskart||Karnataka|
|51||Kavya M||Kammavari Sangham Institute of Technology||Karnataka|
|52||Lavanya Narayanan||Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering||Karnataka|
|53||Lavanya S||REVA UNIVERSITY||Karnataka|
|54||Mahathi Kamath||Canara Engineering College||Karnataka|
|55||Manasa G B||The National Institute Of Engineering||Karnataka|
|56||Omeama||CMRIT, now working at Epsilon||Karnataka|
|57||Pragathi N Simha||Vidya vardhaka college of engineering||Karnataka|
|58||Priya G||University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering||Karnataka|
|59||Ramya Bhagirathi.S||CMR Institute of Technology||Karnataka|
|61||Shantheri Nayak||Canara Engineering College||Karnataka|
|62||Shivani Nayak||PES College of Engineering||Karnataka|
|63||SHOBHA D M||SJCE||KARNATAKA|
|64||Shubha Balgi||Ramaiah Institute of Technology||Karnataka|
|65||Shweta Karun||Manipal Institute of Technology||Karnataka|
|66||Sree Raksha Gupta A R||Vemana Institute of Technology||Karnataka|
|67||Sunidhi B Kotturshettar||B. V. B. College of Engineering and Technology||Karnataka|
|68||Sushmita S Dixith||BMS College Of Engineering||Karnataka|
|69||Tulsi Kanodia||PESIT BSC||Karnataka|
|70||Ujwala Shenoy||B. V. B. College of Engineering and Technology||Karnataka|
|71||Vijetha Shenoy B||The National Institute of Engineering||Karnataka|
|72||Vinuta V Pawale||SJCE||Karnataka|
|73||Vishrutha C||Vidya Vardhaka College of engineering||Karnataka|
|74||Gopika Kini||The National Institute of Engineering||Karnataka|
|75||Srushti Lokesh||Vemana Institute of Technology||Karnataka|
|76||Eshitha D||Reva University||Karnataka|
|77||Kaveri P A||Ramaiah Institute of Technology||Karnataka|
|78||Navya G||University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering||Karnataka|
|80||Sanjana Hathwar||BMS College of Engineering||Karnataka|
|81||Swati G Bhat||PES Institute of Technology||Karnataka|
|82||Vyshnavi acharya||University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering||Karnataka|
|83||Pallavi Ferrao.||MS Ramaiah Institute Of Technology.||Karnataka.|
|84||Aayisha A A||CUSAT||Kerala||Application|
|85||Aiswarya P A||SCT||Kerala|
|86||Akhina Manual||Toc H Institute of Science and Technology||Kerala|
|89||Anjali P A||CUSAT||Kerala|
|92||Anu S Kaimal||SCMS||Kerala|
|93||Athira L I||Jyothi||Kerala|
|94||Deepthi A V||CUSAT||Kerala||Application||Done|
|95||Deepthi N P||SCT||Kerala|
|96||Devi Radhakrishnan||Amrita, Kollam||Kerala|
|97||Gopika K J||FISAT||Kerala|
|104||Joys Maria Joseph||CEC||Kerala||Application|
|106||Keerthana K S||GECT||Kerala||Application||Done|
|107||Kumari Surya Remanan||CUSAT||Kerala|
|109||Liyana Shirin K||MES||Kerala|
|110||Malavika A B||MACE||Kerala|
|113||Nora Elizabeth Joby||NIT Calicut||Kerala|
|114||Palakkal Aiswarya Karunan||Jyothi||Kerala||Application|
|115||Pheba Anna Philip||GECBH||Kerala||Application||Done|
|119||Ruby Reetha George||MACE||Kerala|
|120||Sailakshmi P V||CET||Kerala||Application|
|122||Sharon Rachel Manu||MEC||Kerala||Done|
|123||Sheby Mariam Babu||SJCET||Kerala|
|127||Awantee Vineet Deshpande||COEP (Now working in SAP Labs, Bangalore)||Maharashtra|
|128||Nikhita Raghunath||VJTI, Mumbai||Maharashtra|
|129||Ashrika Behl||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Maharashtra|
|131||Alice Anjali Tiriya||College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar||Odisha|
|132||Aparna A||Satyabhama University||Tamil Nadu|
|133||Pooja Sharma K||SAEC||Tamil Nadu|
|134||Rutuja Jadhav||Vellore Institute of Technology||Tamil Nadu|
|135||Mangalashri R||College of Engineering Guindy, Working with Amazon||Tamil Nadu|
|136||Kirtana Raju Neethi||Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering||Tamil Nadu|
|137||Sudha Parimala||SSN College of Engineering||Tamil Nadu|
|138||Sindujaa B||GRD College of Science||Tamilnadu|
|139||Aditi Ghosh||BITS Pilani||Telangana|
|142||Ravi sreelekha chowdary||BVRIT Hyderabad college of engineering for women||Telangana|
|144||Rachana Sathish||IIT Kharagpur||West Bengal|