Editor's Rating Excellent program for early-stage entrepreneurs seeking equity-free funding and mentoring.
Seed is a 6-month acceleration program for companies with a functional product and early validation.
September 5th, 2017
About Startup Chile
Start-Up Chile (SUP) is a public startup accelerator created by the Chilean Government for high-potential entrepreneurs to bootstrap their startups and use Chile as a foundation.
If selected to Startup Chile, the participant is expected to live in Chile for 7 months. The participant will also receive:
- Equity-free grant of 30,000USD
- Mentorship for 6 months
Following is the eligibility criteria:
- An early-stage startup (<24 months)
- Founder aged 18+, able to dedicate time to living and growing his/her startup in Chile for 7 months
Expected Candidate Profile
- Globally-minded, early stage entrepreneurs who want to start their business in Chile.
- Globally-oriented startup with the capacity to scale.
- Questions about the startup
- Questions about the founders/team
- Video Pitch - 90 seconds long video answering the following
- What problem is your startup solving?
- What solution are you proposing to this particular problem?
- Why are you applying to Start-Up Chile?
- Introducing the team, founders' background and collective experience.
The first round of evaluation is conducted by YouNoodle a Silicon Valley based startup that comprises a panel of judges consisting of, entrepreneurs, academia and investors who evaluate and judge applications.
YouNoodle evaluates based on, Beneficiary 25%, Team members 25%, Product or Service 25% and Market and Competitive Advantage 25%.
In the second round, Corfo evaluates based on Team 25%, Product or Service 15%, Market and Competitive Advantage 20%, Impact in Chile 40%
Aswin Shibu Abraham AppVirality Arjun R Pillai
- Application Link
- Tips to For Your Startup Chile Application
- How to get into Startup Chile, here’s an unedited application and Video
Follow the discussion on this reddit thread