Difference between revisions of "WeTech Qualcomm Global Scholarship"
|Line 285:||Line 285:|
| <s>WeTech Application Walkthrough</s>
| <s>WeTech Application Walkthrough</s>
| Pheba Anna Philip
| Pheba Anna Philip
Revision as of 10:24, 10 May 2018
Editor's Rating Notes: The 2000$ grant to support your education and 6 month virtual mentorship with Qualcomm make this a must apply scholarship.
|WeTech Qualcomm Global Scholarship|
|Deadline||Jan 2, 2018|
About WeTech Qualcomm Global Scholarship
The WeTech Qualcomm Global Scholars Program awards scholarships (2000$ grant) to female university students in China, India, Taiwan and South Korea and matches each scholar with a mentor from a Qualcomm global or U.S. office in order to support and encourage the young women to succeed in their chosen fields.
Institute of International Education(IIE) is a non-profit organization that in collaboration with governments, foundations and other sponsors, creates programs of study and training for students, educators and professionals from various sectors.
IIE’s Women Enhancing Technology Consortium(WeTech) works with a range of partners to build a healthy pipeline of girls and women in tech fields by linking them to opportunities that will inspire, engage and support them for entrance and success in high-paying tech careers.
Deadline to submit recommendations has been extended to January 12, 10:30 PM IST.
|November 15, 2017||Application Opens|
|January 2, 2018||Applications Close|
|January 12, 2018, 10:30 PM IST||Deadline for submission of Recommendations|
|Early February 2018||Award winners announced|
|March – August 2018||6-month virtual mentorship|
- Monetary Support: 2000$
- 6 Month virtual Internship with a mentor from Qualcomm.
- Applicant must be female
- Applicant must be a citizen of India or South Korea
- Applicant must be able to communicate in English
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate student in her second or third year of studies at an accredited university in the participating country
- Applicant must be seeking a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or other STEM-related fields
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field (recommendation letters will be required)
- Applicant must be willing and available to participate in a 6-month virtual mentoring program from March to August 2018
To complete the application, you will require the following
- General Information about you
- Answers to essay questions
- University Transcripts - You may merge the mark-lists from the first year of college to current academic year to a single document and upload it.
- Two Recommendations of which one must be from a college professor. You are only required to enter the details of your recommenders in the application form, post which they will receive a separate email to share the recommendation letters. This is the only formality from your end. However, do remember to follow up with your recommenders and ensure that they submit their recommendations before Jan 10.
Electronic Signature - You should be writing your full name as in the application in places where a signature is asked for.
NB: Don't forget to save your application from time to time. The 'save and continue' button is on the dark blue bar in the top of the application form.
- Application Walkthrough -- Video explainer of the application
- Application Checklist
- Copy of the WeTech Scholarship application --You may use it as a workbook before filling in the actual application form. This is advised since it is easy to edit and share your application draft.
- Copy of the form your Recommenders are required to fill -- You may request them to have the fill-in responses in the document and then transfer it to the original form, the link to which will be emailed to them by the WeTech team.
|1||Pooja M||College of Engineering, Trivandrum||Trivandrumemail@example.com||Pooja's application||Pooja's live||2015|
|2||Megha Ben||College of Engineering, Trivandrum||Trivandrumfirstname.lastname@example.org||Megha's Application, Resume||Megha's live||2015|
|3||Aparna Av||College of Engineering, Trivandrum||Trivandrumemail@example.com||Aparna's application||Aparna's live||2015|
|4||Arya Murali||GEC, Thrissur||Thrissurfirstname.lastname@example.org||Arya's application, Resume||Part 1, Part 2||2015|
|5||Jeshvi T Vinoji||Model Engineering College||Kochiemail@example.com||Jeshvi's live||2015|
|6||Fausya Amalh||Model Engineering College||Kochifirstname.lastname@example.org||Fausya's Live||2015|
|7||Remya Prakasan||Model Engineering College||Kochiemail@example.com||Remya's live||2015|
|8||Anjali Thomas||Model Engineering College||Kochifirstname.lastname@example.org||Anjali's Application and Resume||Part 1, Part 2||2015|
|9||Meghna Mariam alias||Model Engineering College||Kochiemail@example.com||--||Meghna's live||2015|
|10||Gopika S Jayan||Model Engineering College||Kochifirstname.lastname@example.org||--||2015|
|11||Aliya Anil||Model Engineering College||Kochiemail@example.com||2015|
|12||Kavita R||Model Engineering College||Kochifirstname.lastname@example.org||2015|
|13||Nimisha Chinnu Jose||NIT Calicut||Pathanamthittaemail@example.com||Nimisha's application,Resume||2015|
|14||Parvathy R Pillai||NIT, Calicut||Chengannurfirstname.lastname@example.org||2015|
|15||Deepthi NP||SCT College of Engineering, Trivandrum||Trivandrumemail@example.com||Resume||Deepthi's Live||2015|
|16||Nimisha P S||SCT College of Engineering, Trivandrum||Trivandrumfirstname.lastname@example.org||--||Nimisha's live||2015|
|17||Harsha Kulkarni||RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||Bangaloreemail@example.com||Harsha's live||2015|
|18||Soumya Mahalakshmi A||RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||Bangalorefirstname.lastname@example.org||2015|
You may reach us at email@example.com for assistance.
Disclaimer: WeTech is the official authority hosting this opportunity and NOT Rethink. Should you wish to reach the WeTech team directly, please write to them in their support email listed in References section below
Completion of the following items will see this wiki through to completion. If you wish to volunteer for to any of these tasks, would be happy to have you working with us. Do assign one item to yourself, mark your name against it and start working away Do also inform us by writing in to v@r (firstname.lastname@example.org) Should you wish to have guidance on any matter as well, do write in to v@r
|Task Number||To Do||Contributer|
||Pheba Anna Philip|
|2||Identify the program coordinator for WeTech Qualcomm Global Scholarship|
|3||Fb live with program coordinator of WeTech Qualcomm Global Scholarship|
|4||FB live with Aliya Anil||Joys Maria|
||Anjali P A|
|9||FB live with Gopika S Jayan||Aiswarya Karunan|
|11||FB live with Kavita R||Rajeswari P S|
|14||FB live with Nimisha Chinnu Jose||Amalu Susan|
||Brahmadatta M R|
|16||FB live with Parvathy R Pillai||Deepthi A V|
||Sailakshmi P V, Amalu Susan|
||Sharon Rachel Manu|
|20||FB live with Soumya Mahalakshmi A||Aswathy P|
|21||Open up winning application of Aliya Anil||Joys Maria|
||Anjali P A|
|24||Open up winning application of Deepthi NP||Alma Anvar|
|25||Open up winning application of Fausya Amalh||Irene George|
|26||Open up winning application of Gopika S Jayan||Aiswarya Karunan|
|27||Open up winning application of Jeshvi T Vinoji||Adithya Murali|
|28||Open up winning application of Kavita R||Rajeswari P S|
|30||Open up winning application of Meghna Mariam alias||Adithya Murali|
|32||Open up winning application of Nimisha P S||Brahmadatta M R|
|33||Open up winning application of Parvathy R Pillai||Deepthi A V|
||Sailakshmi P V|
|35||Open up winning application of Remya Prakasan||Sharon Rachel Manu|
|36||Open up winning application of Harsha Kulkarni||Aswahti P|
|37||Open up winning application of Soumya Mahalakshmi A||Aswathy P|
|38||WeTech Application tips - by previous winners|
|39||FB live with mentors of previous winners|