Women tech makers scholarship
Notes: It’s awesome to enter the world of computing and technology through a Google scholarship and be a Google scholar for the rest of your life. So, make sure that you give it a try!
About Women Techmakers Scholarship
Women Techmakers Scholars Program, formerly called as Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program, is offered every year by Google to female students across the world, to encourage women to step in and excel in the field of computing and technology.
Who is Anita Borg?
Anita Borg (1949 – 2003) was an American computer scientist who founded the Institute for Women and Technology and the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing. She fought to break the barriers that kept women and minorities from excelling in the field of technology. Google gives away the Women Techmakers Scholarship in memory of the efforts of Dr. Anita Borg.
Applications are currently open. Deadline to apply is May 31, 2019, 9:29 pm IST.
Selected students will receive
- Scholarship : An academic scholarship that’ll cover tuition fees and education-related expenses.
- Retreat : An opportunity to meet fellow scholars and Google mentors and to participate in trainings and workshops at the annual Women Techmakers Scholars' Retreat in one of Google’s offices.
- Community : To be part of an online community of fellow scholars and share resources and collaborate on projects.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as female.
- Be enrolled at an accredited university during the year of application.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- All students graduating in 2019 and beyond are eligible to apply.
Expected Candidate Profile
Google is specifically looking for female university students who:
- Aspire to be computer scientists and technology leaders
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science.
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions).
- Current resume.
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree).
- Responses to three short answer questions.
- Official website
- Women Techmaker’s twitter id: @Women_techmakers
- Official Support email: email@example.com
- You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- You may read our general guidance on approaching these opportunities from here: https://blog.rethinkfoundation.in/general-opportunity-application-approach-c2522bb077cd
- If you wish to join the learning community for this opportunity, please write in to v@r.
Disclaimer: Women Techmakers is the official authority hosting this opportunity and NOT Rethink. Should you wish to reach the Women Techmakers team directly, please write to them in their support email listed in References section above.